Q: How long have you been doing these drawings?
A: Since 2003
Q: How did you come up with your characters?
A: I straightened out a wire hanger and taped a stick of charcoal to the end of it. I laid an 18×24 sheet of paper on the floor, and in a standing position, I began to draw a skeletal looking figure. The rest is history.
Q: What program do you use now?
A: After the charcoal wire hanger experiment, I took the figures into MS Paint. They evolved immensely throughout the years. Since 2010, I have primarily used Photoshop.
Q: Do these characters have names?
A: Yes they do!
- Y is the main guy, he has arms and legs and typically plays on words.
- X is the female counterpart to Y, she wears her heart on her sleeve.
- Blob Fitzgerald (Blob) is the triangular looking green thing. He is normally Y’s sidekick. He enjoys ham and updating his status on Faceblast. He aspires to be like Y and has his own blog, Blob’s Corner.
- Dirb Calloway is the bird character. He loves the finer things in life and can normally be heard tweeting about film, music, art and pop culture.
- Blobette and Dirbette are the female counterparts to Blob and Dirb.
- Cloudy is a character of solitude and doesn’t have too many friends.
- Neo is the Ice Cream Man. He is wacky and likes to dance.
- Sticky is normally depressed, but what does one expect of a guy without arms and legs?
- Other characters include Fishy (the fish), Turd (the turtle), Helio (Balloon), and The Hearts, Artery “Art” and Aorta.
Q: Can I be Blob’s friend on Faceblast?
A: You sure can, go ahead and add him!
Q: What is Dirb Calloway’s Twitter account?
Q: Is there a Facebook Group for Y’s Drawings?
A: Yes, you can find it Here
Q: I’m interested in bigger pieces from you using your characters. Would you be interested in creating something for me?
A: Definitely! Just let me know what you’re looking for. email@example.com
Q: What is your rate?
A: It just depends on the project and how much time it takes. We can talk and come up with something.